“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten.” – Tony Robbins.
Who we are today is the result of our past. Most of us grew up in a society where someone has told us what to do or what not to do. Most of us are programmed for average life, which is to listen to your parents, go to a university, find a good job, get married, have kids and so on. Unfortunately, this pattern becomes our beliefs and now this is how we operate in our life on daily basis. However, we all have a natural tendency to achieve more, to become better and that is what makes us uncomfortable sometimes. It does not matter where we are today, but we all strive for more. We have an ultimate dream in your mind about how our ultimate life should be. What holds us back is a pattern we have picked up while growing up.
If you and I want to achieve what we dream of, we must first become the person who deserves it and The ultimate you is the person who deserves it all. We might be acting now as per our past conditioning, but we all have the power to change. Our pattern can change as the same way as we have learnt it through repetition. We are the product of what we do repeatedly or of simply our habits. Our habits are the results of the choices we daily make. At the start, we need to commit to an act, but as time passes it becomes our habit. Once a habit is formed, it is very difficult to change this pattern. You can imagine how do you feel if you do not brush your teeth before sleeping if you have a habit of doing so. It is so uncomfortable and you might not be able to sleep. Have you experienced this? Unconsciously, you have also developed other habits such as procrastination, self-doubt, fear of failure, fear of others, watching too much TV and so on. In starting, you might put the things off for later just because it was not important at that time, but putting off these mundane tasks off for later everyday build habits of procrastination. After a while, you procrastinate for important this as well. These bad habits are keeping you away from your ultimate dream.
The good news is that you can build new habits or replace old bad habits with the new and good ones. The first step is to consciously make a decision to become the ultimate you. You must commit to yourself to be the best version of yourself. Remember that it is our small acts, which makes the difference in our lives, not the big ones. Daily saying thank you to our spouse for the effort he or she puts in just for the family or saying thank you to life for everything we have in the morning can make a huge difference on the outcome of our day. Studies have proved that people who make their bed daily perform better in other areas as well.
I have created a 7 step process you can follow to discover the ultimate you. We all have the power to change by consistence practice.
- Set a goal – Start with a daily goal. Go sugar free. Do fast. Decide to go for walk. Anything you would like to do.
- Commit to it – Give your best to complete this goal. Give it your all. Fight with your weaker you to discover the ultimate you. Fight it harder and fight long enough that you do it.
- Learn from your failure – Know that you will fail. It takes great power to change a habit which is built from years of repetition. Forgive yourself and start again. Do it till you succeed because you will. Do not get frustrated with yourself because we could not keep it going, rather use it for strength for the next day.
- Repeat it for 90 days – According to a research by scientists, it takes 21 days for a human to build a habit, but it takes 90 days to build it into your character. After 90 days, it is part of you.
- Recognise the self-limiting belief you might have – It is the time when you need to go deeper within you to define your self. We all have limiting beliefs. I can not do it. It is very difficult. Life is so hard. My luck is not with me. These are few examples of limiting beliefs. They are stopping you to reach your highest potential. To changes these beliefs you must change your vocabulary. Notice the words or sentences you use while talking to others or even to yourself. Write down on a paper or make a note on your phone as soon as you notice it. It is very important that you focus on what you want not on what you do not want. Now you know what needs to be changed. If I can not do it is one of your note, replace it with I can do it and it is easy. Every time you do not want to do something, just say I can do it and do it. Do it for 90 days and you will find now that there is nothing you can not do.
- Discover the power within- Once you have completed this task, you will see that your self-esteem has gone up. Your self-confidence is ready to face the world with everything you got. As you repeat it again with other tasks, you will discover the power within you. You will experience the greatness which you were never aware of. You will become a magnet to the good in your life.
- Set higher goals – once you have discovered the ultimate you, you become unstoppable. There is no limit to what you can achieve. Do not stop at one goal. Once you achieved a goal, set another and bigger. We are here to experience the life, to fulfil, to contribute, to joy, and to find the true purpose of our being.
By following this 7 steps, you will experience the ultimate you and in the long run the true version of you. These 7 steps are not for following for a specific period, but it is a lifelong process. It is a lifestyle.
I have noticed that people start this process and failed again and again. The reason people fail is that they are afraid. They are afraid of short-term difficulties they might have to face. They are afraid that they might fail. They are afraid that they are not good enough. These mind monsters are the killer of The Ultimate You. You can train your mind to work with you not against you.
If you face difficulty to follow these step or you failed, again and again, to commit to your self or you do not find time to do the things which can simply change your life for better, then I can help you. We can program our mind to follow our instructions. I am more than happy to work with you if you really feel stuck and need some guidance. Please contact me with the brief description what you need help with and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Please click on health to learn about the next element.