The second element in your life is “Health”. you would agree with me that only with optimum health, we can enjoy rest of other elements in life. It is our supreme duty to maintain a healthy lifestyle. To do so, we must first understand what a healthy lifestyle is. A healthy lifestyle simply means a healthy body, a healthy mind and a healthy soul.
It seems to me that it has become very difficult for people to believe that maintaining a healthy lifestyle is easy, but let me tell you this that it is not the case. Of course, it needs commitment, but it is easy. You can achieve a good health by following below steps.
Believe in yourself
Every time human has ever achieved anything on this planet always starts with belief. Belief is the main recipe of transformation. Whatever result you are getting in your life is the result of what your beliefs are about it. Always say to yourself I can do it and start doing it. It does not matter what it is. In her book “Feel the fear and do it anyway”, Susan Jeffer explained it very beautifully that we can achieve anything we want, we just need to have the courage to do it anyway.
From now on make it your statement “I can do it”. You must say it enough that it reaches to your sub-conscious mind. Once it enters into your sub-conscious mind, it becomes your belief. Once we have strong beliefs, it turns into actions. You will be surprised how only by speaking these word you actually start doing it.
45 minutes of daily exercise. No matter what
Now, we come to the first task of the day. A good day starts from a good beginning. Start your day with some cardio exercises and you will have a good day. You can do whatever you like. It may be running, gym equipment, skipping, fast walking or cycling.
By doing exercise first thing in the morning, you are benefitted with all the below.
- You maintain a good health.
- You have a sense of achievement, which motivates you to make new achievement.
- Your mind release endorphin, which makes you feel happier.
- You stay away from unhealthy snakes as you are more conscious about your health.
- You are better in sex.
- You look younger over time as exercising slows ageing process.
- Your skin glows as oxygen reach in every cell of your body.
- Your memory and creativity improve.
- Your heart is healthier.
The above are few benefits of exercise. Read this list again and again. When you know what you are going to get out of this, it will keep you focused.
Remember these words, “when destiny is beautiful, path is not a problem“.
Everything in life worthy needs commitment and consistency so tell yourself daily that I deserve a good life and I am making it good.
Eat healthy and never overeat
Being healthy and fit is a simple concept of a number of good calories consumption. If you want to be fit, you just need to make sure that your calorie consumption is less then you spend throughout the day. I am not asking you to count your calories. I do not want you to check the calorie of every product before you buy it. I am asking you to follow your inner wisdom. We all know what is right. Listen to your body. You will know when you need to stop eating. It is our eating habits, which make 80% difference on our health. Rest of other things such as exercise and playing is just 20%.
There are few things you must do for a healthy you.
- Always choose healthy. Even for the snacks.
- Try to buy things which come from nature, not from a factory.
- Never overeat. Your both palm size is the right quantity of food.
- Eat mindfully. Never eat in front of the TV as it makes you overeat.
- Eat slowly. Feel your food. Usually, you should spend 20 min on eating.
- Drink lots of water, but do not drink your calories such as juices.
- Always eat at least 3 hours before sleeping. It will improve quality of your sleep.
- Try to eat more fruits and vegetables.
It is the small things in life, which makes big difference. Always keep in this mind and make your small choices wisely.
Do something daily to deal with stress
In today’s world, stress is something we deal with daily. If we do not know how we can deal with it, it can become it can cause some serious harms from depression to cancer and not to mention other decease such as anxiety, ageing, low energy level, low productivity and many others. We must make it as a daily goal that we will learn to deal with stress. There are a number of ways to deal with stress. I suggest trying some of the few from below list.
- Meditation for at least 15 min daily.
- Go for a walk and deep breath while walking.
- Once in every 2 hours, give yourself a bit of stretch.
- Drink plenty of water. Stay hydrated.
- Do not consume too much coffee, cold drink and alcohol.
- Read self-help books.
- Do not watch too much TV or listen to the news.
- Practice positive thinking in every situation.
- Spend some time weekly with positive people and children.
- Learn to let go and forgive yourself for everything.
Once you learn to manage your stress, you are already 70% successful. When we know how to deal with stress, our emotions are in our control, We become proactive rather than reactive. We choose how to react to a particular situation. We make the decision instead of going through an autopilot mode. We make a better decision. We treat people right. We become aware of the surroundings. We feel happier and fulfilled.
Stress is the surrender to a situation and winners do not surrender.
Sleep 7 to 8 hours every day
It is very important that you understand the importance of sleep. It is our sleep, which makes us ready for the next day. Sleep heals not only our body but also our mind and soul. The better you sleep, the better you perform. Never take it for granted. To have a good night sleep, you can do the followings.
- Always sleep at least 7 to 8 hours.
- Reduce anxiety.
- Always sleep and wake up at the same time.
- Do not drink alcohol before sleeping.
- Sleep on an empty stomach.
- Put away your phone or TV etc one hour before sleeping.
- Sleep in cold room. Between 19 to 22 degree is ideal temp for sleeping.
- Read a self-help book before sleeping.
- Stay away from news one hour before sleeping.
- Remember things you are grateful for before sleeping.
I believe all of us are aware of these facts, then why it is that we struggle to achieve a good health. It is simply because we do not decide to do it. It takes a firm decision and commitment. In the modern world, it can be difficult to keep track everything and that is where I can help. As a coach, I can help you to achieve your goal. As you might have understood, my approach is simplicity. I do not want to give you calorie counter or keep track of everything you eat etc. I believe we must live a healthy life, instead of following a program, count calories, diet or do supplement, which can seriously harm us in many ways. Contact me here if you want my support as a mentor.
Please click on relationship to learn about the next element.