Hafez was Persian poet in the 14th century who spread the joys of love.
His works are regarded as a pinnacle of Persian literature and are often found in almost every home of Iran. They learn his poems by heart and still use them as proverbs and sayings.
His life and poems have been the subject of analysis, commentary and interpretation, influencing Persian writing more than any other author.
There are several English translated book written in his poems now. I have come across few of them. My favourite is a book called “The Gift.” by Daniel Ladinsky
I present you 12 quotes from his poetry which I believe will fill you up with pure love.
1. I have learned so much from God that I can no longer call myself a Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Buddhist, a Jew. The Truth has shared so much of Itself with me that I can no longer call myself a man, a woman, an angel, or even a pure Soul. Love has befriended me so completely it has turned to ash and freed me of every concept and image my mind has ever known.
2. I wish I could show you the astonishing light of your own being.
3. It happens all the time in heaven, And someday
It will begin to happen, Again on earth
That men and women who are married, And men and men who are
Lovers, and women and women who give each other light
Often will get down on their knees
And while so tenderly holding their lover’s hand,
With tears in their eyes, will sincerely speak, saying,
My dear, How can I be more loving to you; How can I be more kind?
7. Love sometimes gets tired of speaking sweetly and wants to rip to shreds all your erroneous notions of the truth that make you fight within yourself, dear one, and with others, causing the world to weep on too many fine days… The Beloved sometimes wants to do us a great favour: Hold us upside down and shake all the nonsense out.
8. For I have learned that every heart will get what it prays for most.
Photo by Caley Dimmock
To love and life,
Hi, Amazing people,
Thank you for reading my blogs. If you enjoyed reading my article, please hit the like button and leave your thoughts in the comment section.
And, please do not forget to subscribe to my blog for all updates.