Hafez was Persian poet in the 14th century who spread the joys of love. Here are 12 quotes from Hafez that will fill you up with LOVE.
His works are regarded as a pinnacle of Persian literature and are often found in almost every home of Iran. They learn his poems by heart and still use them as proverbs and sayings.
His life and poems have been the subject of analysis, commentary and interpretation, influencing Persian writing more than any other author.
There are several English translated book written in his poems now. I have come across few of them. My favourite is a book called “The Gift.” by Daniel Ladinsky
I present you 12 quotes from Hafez which I believe will fill you up with pure love.
1. I have learned so much from God that I can no longer call myself a Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Buddhist, a Jew. The Truth has shared so much of Itself with me that I can no longer call myself a man, a woman, an angel, or even a pure Soul. Love has befriended me so completely it has turned to ash and freed me of every concept and image my mind has ever known.
Photo by Nicola Fioravanti
2. I wish I could show you the astonishing light of your own being.
Photo by Maxime VALCARCE
3. It happens all the time in heaven, And someday It will begin to happen, Again on earth That men and women who are married, And men and men who are Lovers, and women and women who give each other light Often will get down on their kneesAnd while so tenderly holding their lover’s hand, With tears in their eyes, will sincerely speak, saying, My dear, How can I be more loving to you; How can I be more kind?
Photo by Anne Edgar
4. I once asked a bird, how is it that you fly in this gravity of darkness? She responded, ‘love lifts me.’
Photo by Chris Child
5. When all your desires are distilled; You will cast just two votes: To love more, And be happy.
Photo by averie woodard
6. The heart is a thousand stringed instrument that can only be tuned with love.
Photo by Cole Hutson
7. Love sometimes gets tired of speaking sweetly and wants to rip to shreds all your erroneous notions of the truth that make you fight within yourself, dear one, and with others, causing the world to weep on too many fine days… The Beloved sometimes wants to do us a great favour: Hold us upside down and shake all the nonsense out.
Photo by Elisabetta Foco
8. For I have learned that every heart will get what it prays for most.
Photo by Caley Dimmock
9. We are People who need to love because Love is the soul’s life, Love is simply creation’s greatest joy.
Photo by Lesly Juarez
10. Oh, you who are trying to learn the marvel of Love through the copybook of reason, I’m very much afraid that you will never really see the point.
Photo by Marc-Olivier Jodoin
11. Laugh because that is the purest sound.
Photo by Priscilla Du Preez
12. This sky where we live is no place to lose your wings so love, love, love.
Photo by Greg Rakozy
Quotes from Hafez always resonates with me and I believe once you go through all of them, it will do the same for you. Please let me know in the comment section what you think about them.
To love and life,
Get a FREE e-book
A step by step plan to help you find out What you want, Why you want and How to achieve it.